The Career Development Carnival is a new initiative that Lynn Dessert and Hannah Morgan will debut in January, 2012. If you are new to carnivals, let me tell you about what a carnival is and why it may be of interest to you.
When I think going to a carnival as a child, I think of rides, cotton candy, games, excitement and fun! It was hard to get bored at a carnival and Hannah and I are up for the challenge to bring a carnival of great writers and their stories to you personally.
What is a Carnival?
Carnivals hosted by blogs represent opportunities for writers and thought leaders to share their information, insights or tips in one central place. As a reader, you spend less time going to multiple blogs searching for the latest information and may find a new blog or writer you connect with.
There are many carnivals online and each carnival has a unique topic, here are two other carnivals that I participate in:
- Leadership Development Carnival hosted by Dan McCarthy
- Carnival of HR by Shauna Moerke
How will the Career Development Carnival work?
Once a month, Elephants at Work or Career Sherpa will highlight the Career Development Carnival blog post submissions that pass our litmus test. When either of us publishes the post, the carnival is live!
In the carnival blog post, there will be a story or blog post teaser and you can decide if to read more by clicking through to the author’s post on their blog. If you like what you read, we encourage you to join their mailing list to receive their updates.
If you are not on Elephants at Work or Career Sherpa’s mailing lists, join us today so that you don’t miss all the excitement!
Subscribe to Elephants at Work by Email
Subscribe to Career Sherpa by Email
Will the Career Development Topics Interest you?
If you are already read Elephants at Work or Career Sherpa, the Career Development Carnival topics will interest you. Because career development is a broad topic, our focus will be on:
- Career Management
- Job Search Resources
- Career Exploration
- Networking Tips
- Personal Branding
- Reputation Management
If I am a blogger, how do I submit an article?
Each month, the Career Development Carnival will rotate from Elephants at Work to Career Sherpa. There are a few things you can do to ensure your submission gets to the right person:
- Visit the Career Development Carnival Website. Read about the Career Development Post Guidelines.
- Sign up for the Career Development Carnival mailing list update here. Note: This list is for bloggers, writers or contributors only. You will receive advance notification that submissions are being accepted. This list does not announce when a carnival has gone live.
- Submissions are accepted through the Blog Carnival website starting at the beginning of each month until two days before the carnival date.
The first month’s Career Development Carnival will be hosted here at Elephants at Work on January 19th, 2012. We hope you’ll bring the popcorn!
Speak Your Mind